Last day at the DOE
Today was my last day of my contract at Alberta's Department of Energy (DOE).
The following are memorable things about the Dept of Energy that I may or may not miss. This is not a top ten list as I'm sure I will add to it.
- Crazy Paper Guy - I hope he finds that airplane soon
- Elevator Rides - praying for a non stop trip past the 5th floor (AB Mental Health outpatient clinic)
- No more TEARS - Time Entry And Reporting System
- Open Source vs Micro$oft "discussions"
- Drive by management
- Dodging smokers at each entrance to the building(s)
- Dodging cars to get across 108st to/from our clients' building
- Harassing Becker : "are you done yet ?"
- Obscure batch program email messages
- Figuring out how to open the bathroom door after the guy who never washes his hands has just left.
- The Russian Coffee Syndicate
- Last day rounds