Thursday, February 02, 2006

Last day

Today was my last day of my contract at a major Telecommunications Corporation in Western Canada. As is my tradition, I've created a list of memorable things about my stay that I may or may not miss.

This is not a top ten list as I'm sure I will add to it. Please feel free to comment or ask questions.
  • RUDY ?
  • Learning that you don't want to sit by people doing support while you're trying to do development (support people are on the phone more than Sheryl!)
  • The conference call on-hold muzac
  • Coke & candy machines leaving the premises
  • *skermer* 1
  • Swiping my card when leaving/entering the building and hoping that the flashing blue light doesn’t go off

  • Bugging Sharon to renew my security access
  • My Cubicle in "The Toll Building" (there must be bylaw about being less than 10 paces away from a urinal)
  • My Cubicle during EOP (window view overlooking the Hotel Mac & river valley !)
  • My Cubicle on 11th (a verbal purge zone by the door away from everybody else)


-- Favorite Quotes --

"We embrace change"
- Major Telecommunications Company's motto

"Change is bad"
-- That's My Stapler

"Who on earth changed this?"
-- Developer coming back from honeymoon and looking at his code That's My Stapler modified

It's like the Framework team is painting a sky and the Environment team is trying very hard to build airplane, and testers are jumping off the cliff to catch the sky.
-- Anonymous @ Major Telecommunications Company


1 Cursed in the same tone as *newman* - Seinfeld's nemesis and proud U.S. Postal Worker. Associate in many of Kramer's get rich quick schemes.




Who Links Here