Today was my last day of my contract at a major Telecommunications Corporation in Western Canada. As is my tradition, I've created a list of memorable things about my stay that I may or may not miss.
This is not a top ten list as I'm sure I will add to it. Please feel free to comment or ask questions.
- RUDY ?
- Learning that you don't want to sit by people doing support while you're trying to do development (support people are on the phone more than Sheryl!)
- The conference call on-hold muzac
- Coke & candy machines leaving the premises
- *skermer* 1
- Swiping my card when leaving/entering the building and hoping that the flashing blue light doesn’t go off
- Bugging Sharon to renew my security access
- My Cubicle in "The Toll Building" (there must be bylaw about being less than 10 paces away from a urinal)
- My Cubicle during EOP (window view overlooking the Hotel Mac & river valley !)
- My Cubicle on 11th (a verbal purge zone by the door away from everybody else)
-- Favorite Quotes --
"We embrace change"
- Major Telecommunications Company's motto
"Change is bad"
-- That's My Stapler
"Who on earth changed this?"
-- Developer coming back from honeymoon and looking at his code That's My Stapler modified
It's like the Framework team is painting a sky and the Environment team is trying very hard to build airplane, and testers are jumping off the cliff to catch the sky.
-- Anonymous @ Major Telecommunications Company
1 Cursed in the same tone as *newman* - Seinfeld's nemesis and proud U.S. Postal Worker. Associate in many of Kramer's get rich quick schemes.