Things I learned from my trip to Sou Cal
Things I learned from my trip to Southern California this month:
- Voice navigation systems are more patient then I am when my wife just turned 3 blocks too soon : "you have left the route, a new one is being created for you now"
- I should become a weatherman in San Diego: "75F with a chance of clouds, today, tomorrow, ..."
- I should always carry business card
- There are women who look like Christie Brinkley
- The difference between inbound vs outbound flows on the beach (the former makes for a very cool day at the beach in February).
- Surfers arrive at the beach @ 5:00 am
- Don't worry if you don't know the speed limit on the current road/hiway/freeway - just try to keep up to the locals!
- There's always somebody with a bigger truck
- You should always wear sunscreen
- People in San Diego really enjoy their city/climate/etc
- Nickelback isn't played every 15 min like it is on Alberta/Canadian radio stations
PS. That's My Stapler's wife would like to add the following statement :
$10 for parking ...
$500 for Aerosmith Concert floor seats next to the stage/catwalk...
$8 for a beer or cocktail ...
- being close enough to grope Stephen Tyler's thigh .... "priceless"